Ration card is one of the most important documents in India. The primary reason of issuing ration card is to allow deserving people to procure food or other commodities at subsidized rates. The document is also considered to be the valid proof of identity and address. Hence, it is important to own a ration card.
Civil Supplies Department of West Bengal offers Ration card using both online and offline procedures, through them one can apply for a WBPDS Ration Card in West Bengal.
Types of Ration Cards Available in West Bengal
Keeping all the sections of the society in mind, ration card has been categorized so that deserving candidates can avail the benefits comes with the document. West Bengal Ration Card has been divided into three types, which are as follows:
- Antodaya Ration Card
This type of card is especially designed keeping people belongs to below poverty line in mind and also those who does not have a stable income specially the old age people or the unemployed people.
- Below Poverty Line Ration Card (BPL)
Below Poverty ration card is issued to people whose income is less than 10,000 per annum and are eligible to procure food grains and other basic necessities at a lowest subsidized rate.
- Above Poverty Line Ration Cards (APL)
Above poverty line ration cards are issued to those with higher annual income.
How to Apply for a WBPDS Ration Card
There are two ways to apply for a WBPDS ration card:
- Offline and
- Offline Method
If you are not well – versed with the internet, you can get it done using offline way as well:
- Visit the PDS (Public Distribution System) office and ask for an application form in order to apply for a WBPDS(West Bengal Ration Card) Ration Card.
- Fill in the application form and attach the required documents such as residential proof, photo identity proof etc.
- Submit the form.
- Online Method
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to apply for West Bengal Ration Card:
- Download the application form for New Ration Card application in West Bengal
- Fill in the required details properly
- Submit the application form along with photograph, address proof, and identity proof at your nearest PDS office
Once applied you can also check the status of your application, by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official site of WBPDS
- Click on the check status online option
- Enter all the required information such as District, Block, Municipality, last 8 digit of application number, and also 16 digit of the application number
- Click on the search option and the status of your ration card will be displayed on your screen.